The Sheldon & Tracy Levy Student Learning Centre (SLC) is home to five academic stakeholders that play a unique role in contributing to the SLC’s shared success. Championing student engagement and leadership, the SEAL Team is a dedicated group of students and staff at the forefront of the SLC. We work with Student Life & Learning Support (SLLS), Academic Accommodation Support & Test Centre, DMZ Sandbox, Toronto Metropolitan University Library’s Isaac Olowolafe Jr. Digital Media Experience (DME), and the School of Performance to deliver a diverse yet cohesive SLC experience.
The SLC is infused with collaboration, exemplified through its operating model that integrates a blend of students and staff at every level.
Together, we designed the SLC principles to reflect Toronto Metropolitan University’s values and vision, ensuring a world-class learning destination for students.
- Respect the needs of the students.
- Maximize use of the SLC in ways that support the first principle and promotes academic stakeholder activity.
- Leverage opportunities for student and university community engagement
- Foster a dynamic environment.
- Enhance Toronto Metropolitan University’s reputation.
From innovative learning to progressive operating models, the SLC is a physical manifestation of Toronto Metropolitan University’s spirit, engaging students and promoting their success through exceptional experiences.