The SLC is looking for SLC Specialists!
Are you interested in working on campus part-time for a team dedicated to creating a world class experience for students? The SLC staff is made up of enthusiastic team players committed to their own personal growth and the success of the team! Come join us.
Contract starts January 9, 2023 and ends April 29, 2023.
The SLC Specialists are key members of Toronto Metropolitan University’s Student Learning Centre’s (SLC) frontline team known as the Student Engagement and Leadership (SEAL) Team. We collaborate with various stakeholders to foster student engagement and pride of place, ensuring the SLC is a physical manifestation of TMU’s spirit.
Reporting to the SLC Assistants, Specialists enhance TMU’s reputation by providing excellent customer service, assisting in the daily operations of the SLC, and embodying the SLC Principles. We pride ourselves in ensuring students are integrated into the core of operations as this demonstrates the importance TMU places on student-centred ideas and decisions.
This position is an exciting opportunity to:
- Gain experience working as part of a supportive team focused on professional development.
- Gain experience in problem solving by participating in staff hackathons, providing feedback, and supporting events and students with on the floor decision making.
- Enhance skills in data organization using technology and traditional means.
- Learn to communicate effectively using an interoffice messaging app, radios, and email.
- Gain experience providing world class customer service.
- Enhance presentation skills with opportunities to guide tours.
Deadline to apply: October 28, 2022 9:00 AM ET
Full job description and how to apply:
- If you are a CareerBoost-eligible student, apply at the CareerBoost site. Look for the job posting titled “SLC Specialist.”
- If you are an international student or not CareerBoost-eligible, apply at this Portal. Look under “Other On-Campus Job Opportunities” for the job posting titled “SLC Specialist.”
Please note that while we appreciate your interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This position operates in-person on campus. Interviews and training also take place in person.
We look forward to hearing from you!